12 Health Benefits of the Banana:
1. Bananas help overcome depression due to high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin (the happy mood brain neurotransmitter.) The natural mood-enhancer tryptophan also helps to relieve Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).
2. Eat two bananas before a strenuous workout to pack an energetic punch and sustain your blood sugar level. Protect against muscle cramps during workouts by eating a banana.
3. Counteract calcium loss and build strong bones by supplementing with a banana a day.
4. Bananas reduce swelling, protect against type II diabetes, aid weight loss, strengthen the nervous system, and help with the production of white blood cells, all due to high levels of vitamin B-6.
5. Strengthen your blood and relieve anemia with the added iron from bananas.
6. High in potassium and low in salt, bananas are officially recognized by the FDA as being able to lower blood pressure and protect against heart attack and stroke.
7. Rich in pectin, bananas aid digestion and gently chelate toxins and heavy metals from the body.
8. Bananas are a natural antacid, providing relief from acid reflux, heartburn and GERD.
9. Eating bananas will help prevent kidney cancer, protects the eyes against muscular degeneration and builds strong bones by increasing calcium absorption.
10. Bananas are the only raw fruit that can be consumed without distress to relieve stomach ulcers by coating the lining of the stomach against corrosive acids.
11. Bananas are high in antioxidants, providing free radicals and protection from chronic disease.
12. Due to high levels of potassium and B Vitamins a banana a day can help aid in healthy digestion and nutrient absorbtion.